REFILL PACK FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE SLIMLINE SOLO SALT FREE WATER SOFTENER 2 x ANTISCALE Chlorine, Taste & Odour Cartridges, this pack should last the average household 1 (one) year of normal water use. Caveat: Areas that have very high scale will need more frequent cartridge replacement.
- 2 (two) Pentek Water TSGAC-10 ANTI-SCALE, Chlorine, Taste & Odour Cartridges
This is for refill pack is for our listing found here:
WHOLE HOUSE SLIMLINE SOLO WATER FILTER & SALT FREE WATER SOFTENER, PENTEK CARTRIDGES
which is a for our water softening cartridge based system, Slimline but High Flowrate at 1 Bar & above, in normal use we'd expect each TSGAC-10 cartridge to last 3 - 6 months
The TSGAC-10 ANTI-SCALE CARTRIDGE contains phosphate crystals to reduce rust stains and calcium scale deposits, this effectively softens the water.With Flow rates from:
- 2.5psi @ 1.0gpm (0.17bar @ 3.8Lpm) to
The manufacturer states that the Water Filtering capacity is:
Pentek Water TSGAC-10 : 2000 Gallons at 1 Gpm or 7570L at 3.8Lpm
The Filter Cartridge Specs:
PENTEK WATER TSGAC Anti-Scale, Chlorine, Taste & Odour cartridge:
TSGAC cartridges contain granular activated carbon to effectively reduce unwanted tastes and odors, including chlorine taste & odor, as well as phosphate crystals to reduce rust stains and scale deposits.
The construction of the cartridge allows water to enter at one end and pass through the entire length of the carbon bed before exiting the other end of the cartridge. An internal expansion pad minimizes channeling or bypass. This design allows for maximum contact between the water and carbon, ensuring maximum adsorption.
Before the water exits the cartridge, a post-filter helps remove carbon fines and other suspended particles from the filtered water. The post-filter is permanently fastened to an innovative support basket ensuring that it is firmly secured and eliminating any potential for bypass.
Pentek TSGAC Cartridges provide superior performance and outstanding protection for your water lines, fixtures, major appliances and commercial equipment.
HOW TO REPLACE THE CARTRIDGE FOR THIS FILTER UNIT.
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS CONCERNING INSTALLATION WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE A COMPETENT / REGISTERED PLUMBER
- ENSURE THAT THE WATER SUPPLY IS TURNED OFF.
- TURN ON FIRST WATER OUTLET AFTER FILTER UNIT TO REDUCE PRESSURE, THIS MAKES IT EASIER TO UNDO THE HOUSING SUMPS, YOU MAY ALSO NEED TO ACTIVATE THE PRESSURE RELEASE VALVE ON YOUR HOUSINGS, IF YOU HAVE THEM
- ENSURE THAT YOU PLACE A TRAY OR RECEPTACLE OF SOME KIND UNDER THE HOUSINGS, TO CATCH THE EXCESS WATER.
- UNDO THE HOUSINGS GENTLY, YOU MAY NEED "TAP" THE HANDLE SMARTLY, TO RELEASE IT.
- UNDO THE HOUSING, AND REMOVE, POUR OUT EXCESS WATER, REMOVE CARTRIDGE, RINSE / CLEAN HOUSING SUMP, MAKE SURE TO WIPE INSIDE THE LID AS WELL, BE CAREFUL OF DEPOSITING DEBRIS / DIRT INTO THE HOUSING OR LID, USE A LINT FREE CLOTH OR NEW SPONGE.
- REPLACE CORRECT CARTRIDGE INTO RESPECTIVE HOUSINGS, APPLY A SMEAR OF SILICONE GREASE AROUND THE RIM OF THE HOUSING SUMP TO ENSURE THAT THE SEAL IS KEPT IN PLACE, IF REQUIRED USE SOME PTFE TAPE TO ENSURE WATER TIGHT SEAL, DO UP TIGHTLY, BUT GENTLY.
- SLOWLY TURN ON WATER SUPPLY & ALLOW HOUSINGS TO FILL COMPLETELY, YOU MIGHT HAVE TO OPERATE THE RED PRESSURE RELEASE VALVE. CHECK FOR LEAKS. (FIX ACCORDINGLY) NEXT TURN ON THE FIRST WATER OUTLET AFTER THE INSTALLATION, TAP, ETC, TO ALLOW TRAPPED AIR TO BE EXPELLED. RUN THE WATER OUTLET FOR THE RECOMMENDED TIME FOR THE FILTER UNIT AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS FOUND INSIDE FILTER BOX / PACKAGING.
- CARRY OUT REGULAR CHECKS & MAINTENANCE OF THE FILTRATION UNIT AS WOULD BE REQUIRED ACCORDING TO YOUR WATER USE.